For people with substantial experience in business analysis (BA), the Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®) credential is an ideal professional certification. The leading and most experienced BA professionals are CBAP® certified. According to IIBA®, CBAP certified professionals earn up to 13% more than those who are not certified.
Who are the ideal candidates for the CBAP?
- Individuals with significant experience in business analysis
- Individuals with a CCBA™ designation
- Product Managers
- Non-BA consultants
- Hybrid Business Analysis professionals, including: Project Manager, Testers, Quality Assurance (QA) professionals, Change/Transformation Managers, and Designers
CBAP Exam Breakdown:
- Business analysis planning and monitoring (14%)
- Elicitation and collaboration (12%)
- Requirements life cycle management (15%)
- Strategy analysis (15%)
- Requirements analysis and design definition (30%)
- Solution evaluation (14%)
Experience and Eligibility Requirements
- Complete a minimum of 7,500 hours of Business Analysis Work experience in the last 10 years.
- Within this experience, a minimum of 900 hours completed in 4 of the 6 BABOK® Guide Knowledge Areas, for a total of at least 3,600 of the required 7,500 total.
- Candidates must complete a minimum of 35 Professional Development (PD) hours within the last four years. Attending our training course, Certified Business Analysis Practitioner (IIBA-CBAP®) Certification Exam Prep satisfies that requirement.
- Provide two references.
Steps to Achieve Your Certified Business Analysis Practitioner (IIBA-CBAP®) Certification
- Register to take the CBAP exam. The CBAP Application Process Guide is linked below. More information can be found on the IIBA website.
- Attend our training course, Certified Business Analysis Practitioner (IIBA-CBAP®) Certification Exam Prep.
- Take and pass the CBAP exam.
- For additional details and resources, please refer to the IIBA website.