The Microsoft security operations analyst advises on changes to threat protection procedures, quickly remediates active attacks in the environment, and reports violations of corporate policies to the proper parties in order to lower organizational risk.
Using Microsoft Sentinel, Microsoft Defender for Cloud, Microsoft 365 Defender, and other third-party security tools, the role primarily examines, addresses, and searches for threats. The security operations analyst plays an important role in the configuration and implementation of these technologies since they use the operational output of these tools.
- Mitigate threats using Microsoft 365 Defender
- Mitigate threats using Microsoft Defender for Cloud
- Mitigate threats using Microsoft Sentinel
Recommended Certification Prerequisites
Steps to Achieve Your Microsoft Certified: Security Operations Analyst Associate
- Attend SC-200T00 Microsoft Security Operations Analyst
- Pass the following exams: