The Project Management Institute Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® credential validates your understanding of agile concepts, practices, tools, and techniques across agile methodologies. The popularity of the Agile methodology among project managers continues to rise, increasing the demand for such knowledge. According to research, employing Agile approaches helps teams work more productively and deliver more business value while reducing product defects. See below for PMI-ACP certification requirements.
PMI-ACP Certification Eligibility Requirements
General Project Experience:
- 12 months of general project experience
- These hours must be earned within the last 5 years
- Active PMP® or PgMP® certification will satisfy this requirement
Agile Project Experience:
- 8 months of agile project experience - working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies
- This requirement is in addition to the 12 months required in "general project experience"
- These hours must be earned within the last 3 years
Training in Agile Pratices:
- 21 contact hours
- Hours must be earned in agile practices
Who Should Take This Exam?
The PMI-ACP is an ideal option for you if you work on agile teams or your firm is implementing agile methods.
Steps to Achieve Your PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® Certification
- Attend PMI Agile Certified Professional (PMI-ACP)® Exam Preparation. This course will satisfy the required 21 contact hours (PDUs) education requirement.
- Submit your PMI-ACP application through the PMI website & pay the fee.
- Pass the following exams:
- PMI Agile Certified Professional (PMI-ACP)® Exam