Who Should Attend
Operators, administrators, and architects for VMware Horizon should enroll in this course. These individuals are responsible for the creation, maintenance, and or delivery of remote and virtual desktop services. Additional duties can include the implementation, support, and administration of an organization's end-user computing infrastructure.
- Recognize the features and benefits of Horizon
- Use VMware vSphere® to create VMs to be used as desktops for Horizon
- Create and optimize Windows VMs to create Horizon desktops
- Install and configure Horizon Agent on Horizon desktop
- Configure and manage the VMware Horizon® Client™ systems and connect the client to a VMware Horizon desktop
- Configure, manage, and entitle desktop pools of full VMs
- Configure, manage, and entitle pools of instant-clone desktops
- Create and use Remote Desktop Services (RDS) desktops and application pools
- Monitor the Horizon environment using Horizon Console Dashboard and Horizon Help Desk Tool
- Identify Horizon Connection Server installation, architecture, and requirements.
- Describe the authentication and certification options for a Horizon environment
- Recognize the integration process and benefits of VMware Workspace ONE® Access™ and Horizon 8
- Discuss performance and scalability options available in Horizon 8
- Describe different security options for the Horizon environment