Who Should Attend
This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems to prepare for the CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-007), or who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network support or administration. Tier 1 & 2 Support Personnel seeking IAT-1 certification to fulfill the DoD 8570.1 Directive
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the basic network theory concepts.
- Identify the major network communications methods.
- Describe network media and hardware components.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify the components of a TCP/IP network implementation.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks.
- Identify the components of a LAN implementation.
- Identify the infrastructure of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Identify the major issues and methods to secure systems on a network.
- Identify the major issues and technologies in network security.
- Identify network security threats and attacks.
- Identify the tools, methods, and techniques used in managing a network.
- Describe troubleshooting of issues on a network.