Who Should Attend
This course is intended for designers, publishers, pre-press professionals, marketing communications professionals, or people switching to a design job or taking on design responsibilities and who need to use Illustrator to create illustrations, logos, advertisements, or other graphic documents.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to use Adobe Illustrator CC to create illustrations that include graphics and text.
• Identify the components and capabilities of Illustrator CC.
• Create basic shapes.
• Create custom paths.
• Create graphics that contain custom text.
• Customize objects.
• Customize basic shapes.
• Prepare documents for deployment.
1 - Introducing Illustrator CC
- Apply Design Principles, Elements, and Graphics Composition
- Evaluate Graphics Scalability
- Navigate the User Interface
- Customize the User Interface
2 - Creating Documents Containing Basic Shapes
- Create Documents
- Save Documents
- Draw Basic Shapes
3 - Creating Documents Containing Customized Paths
4 - Creating Graphics Containing Customized Text
- Insert Text
- Apply Flow Text Along a Path
- Insert Bounded and Threaded Text
- Apply Text Styles
- Insert Typographical Characters
5 - Customizing Objects
- Import, Place, and Link Graphics
- Alter the Appearance of Objects
6 - Customizing Basic Shapes
- Apply Strokes and Brushes
- Fill Shapes
- Apply Graphics Styles
- Distort Text with Text Envelopes
7 - Preparing Documents for Deployment
- Update Text
- Wrap Text
- Hyphenate Text
- Optimize Content for Print
- Optimize Content for the Web
- Optimize Content for PDF Documents
8 - Appendix A: Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator CC Certification Exam Objectives
9 - Appendix B: Adobe Certified Expert Illustrator CC Exam Mappings
10 - Appendix C: Adobe Illustrator CC: New Features