This course covers the skills a project manager needs to update a project plan during the execution, monitoring, and controlling phases of a project. This course will enable students to manage the project so that it is completed on time & within budget. NOTE: This course will earn you 7 PDUs.
On July 1, 2022 all Microsoft Office Classes will be taught using Microsoft Office 365 courseware and labs. Whether you use Microsoft Office 2016, 2019 or 365 versions, the process, tools, and techniques are the same. You will learn everything you need to improve your productivity, knowledge, and skill.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to manage an existing Microsoft Project 2016 project plan. You will: Update a project plan to reflect progress as you execute the project. Monitor project progress in the project plan. Adjust the project plan to control constraints. Create project reports to share a project’s status. Customize project settings and share customizations with other projects.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for students with an understanding of project management concepts who are responsible for creating and maintaining project plans. Target students will be looking to acquire the advanced knowledge and skills a project manager needs to update a project plan in Project 2016 during the execution, monitoring, and controlling phases of a project.
United Training is committed to working as a partner with our clients. Choose United Training and take advantage of the following benefits.
- Robust Public Enrollment Schedule. Enjoy access to hundreds of Guaranteed to Run dates across a diverse catalog of course titles.
- Private Group Training. Let our world-class instructors come to you to deliver training at your place of business or we can present to your team online using our Virtual Instructor-Led Training platform.
- Custom Training Solutions. Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
- Free Re-Takes. Most completed United Training courses carry our unbeatable Learning Guarantee. This guarantee allows students to repeat most United Training courses, if they are the same version, FREE OF CHARGE, within six months of completion of the courses. Exceptions: Cisco, Citrix, VMware, Red Hat, and courses provided by affiliated 3rd party training providers.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
1 - Executing a Project
- Topic A: Enter Task Progress
- Topic B: Update Task Progress with SharePoint
- Topic C: Update Work
- Topic D: Update Costs
2 - Monitoring Project Progress
- Topic A: View Project Progress
- Topic B: Add Custom Fields
- Topic C: Create Custom Views
- Topic D: Create a Network Diagram
- Topic E: Analyze a Project Plan
3 - Controlling a Project Plan
- Topic A: Edit the Task List
- Topic B: Reschedule Tasks
- Topic C: Update a Baseline
4 - Reporting on Progress
- Topic A: Format and Share a Chart View
- Topic B: View Existing Reports
- Topic C: Create Custom Reports
- Topic D: Create a Visual Report
5 - Customizing the Application
- Topic A: Change Project Options
- Topic B: Create a Project Plan Template
- Topic C: Share Resources
- Topic D: Link Project Plans