Who Should Attend
The target student for this course is a graphic designer, subject matter specialist, or other knowledge worker with basic Microsoft Visio 2016 skills (such as creating basic workflows and other diagrams) who needs to use Visio to create complex graphics and illustrations (such as floor plans, custom maps, and scientific illustrations) that may be linked to external data sources and may be inserted into other Microsoft Office files.
In this course, you will examine advanced features to make you more efficient and effective. You will:
Design advanced plans and diagrams.
Enhance the look of drawings.
Create shapes, stencils, and templates.
Connect drawings to external data.
Leverage development tools.
Use diagram standards (optional).
1 - DESIGNING ADVANCED PLANS & DIAGRAMS
- Topic A: Create a Microsoft Account and Log Into Visio
- Topic B: Build Advanced Plans
- Topic C: Build Advanced Diagrams
2 - ENHANCING THE LOOK OF DRAWINGS
- Topic A: Use 3-D Shapes
- Topic B: Work with Shape Styles
- Topic C: Define Shape Styles
- Topic D: Apply Backgrounds, Borders, and Titles
3 - WORKING WITH CUSTOM SHAPES, STENCILS, & TEMPLATES
- Topic A: Create Simple Custom Shapes
- Topic B: Create Custom Stencils
- Topic C: Create Custom Templates
4 - CONNECTING DRAWINGS TO EXTERNAL DATA
- Topic A: Make an Organization Chart from an Excel Spreadsheet
- Topic B: Generate a Pivot Diagram from an Excel Spreadsheet
- Topic C: Create a Gantt Chart from a Project File
- Topic D: Create a Timeline from a Project File
- Topic E: Connect a Map to an Access Database
5 - LEVERAGING DEVELOPMENT TOOLS
- Topic A: Create Macros
- Topic B: Modify ShapeSheets
- Topic C: Build Advanced Shapes
6 - SHARING DRAWINGS
- Topic A: Save and Share Drawings with OneDrive
- Topic B: Review Drawings
- Topic C: Insert Drawings Into Other Office Files
- Topic D: Export Drawings
- Topic E: Print Drawings