Who Should Attend
This course is intended for information workers and data science professionals who seek to use database reporting and analysis tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Excel, Power BI, R, SAS and other business intelligence tools, and wish to use TSQL queries to efficiently retrieve data sets from Microsoft SQL Server relational databases for use with these tools.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify independent and dependent variables and measurement levels in their own analytical work scenarios.
- Identify variables of interest in relational database tables.
- Choose a data aggregation level and data set design appropriate for the intended analysis and tool.
- Use TSQL SELECT queries to produce ready-to-use data sets for analysis in tools such as PowerBI, SQL Server Reporting Services, Excel, R, SAS, SPSS, and others.
- Create stored procedures, views, and functions to modularize data retrieval code.