This course enriches your skills by providing the tools and techniques that you need to successfully diagnose, and fix, a variety of potential issues. You will work through hands-on problems in various subsystems to diagnose and fix common issues.
You will learn develop the skills to apply the scientific method to a structured form of troubleshooting. You will then apply this approach in troubleshooting various types of problems, including boot issues, hardware issues, storage issues, RPM issues, network issues, third-party application issues, security issues, and kernel issues. At the end of the course, you will be empowered to complete various comprehensive review labs to test your skills.
As a result of attending this course, students should be able to leverage the software development life-cycle process to plan, create, test, and provision host systems within an organization. Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
Installation of Red Hat Satellite 6
Software life-cycle management of software used to provision and maintain configured hosts within a controlled production environment
Who Should Attend?
Senior system administrators who wish to learn more about troubleshooting.
Have earned a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or have similar experience.
It is recommend that students have earned a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or have similar experience.
United Training is committed to working as a partner with our clients. Choose United Training and take advantage of the following benefits.
- Robust Public Enrollment Schedule. Enjoy access to hundreds of Guaranteed to Run dates across a diverse catalog of course titles.
- Private Group Training. Let our world-class instructors come to you to deliver training at your place of business or we can present to your team online using our Virtual Instructor-Led Training platform.
- Custom Training Solutions. Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
- Free Re-Takes. Most completed United Training courses carry our unbeatable Learning Guarantee. This guarantee allows students to repeat most United Training courses, if they are the same version, FREE OF CHARGE, within six months of completion of the courses. Exceptions: Cisco, Citrix, VMware, Red Hat, and courses provided by affiliated 3rd party training providers.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
1 - INTRODUCTION TO TROUBLESHOOTING
- Describe a generalized strategy for troubleshooting.
2 - TAKE PROACTIVE STEPS TO PREVENT SMALL ISSUES
- Prevent small issues from becoming large problems by employing proactive system administration techniques.
3 - TROUBLESHOOT BOOT ISSUES
- Identify and resolve issues that can affect a system's ability to boot.
4 - IDENTIFY HARDWARE ISSUES
- Identify hardware problems that can affect a system’s ability to operate.
5 - TROUBLESHOOT STORAGE ISSUES
- Identify and fix issues related to storage.
6 - TROUBLESHOOT RPM ISSUES
- Identify and fix problems in, and using, the package management subsystem.
7 - TROUBLESHOOT NETWORK ISSUES
- Identify and resolve network connectivity issues.
8 - TROUBLESHOOT APPLICATION ISSUES
- Debug application issues.
9 - DEAL WITH SECURITY ISSUES
- Identify and fix issues related to security subsystems.
10 - TROUBLESHOOT KERNEL ISSUES
- Identify kernel issues and assist Red Hat Support in resolving kernel issues.
11 - RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX DIAGNOSTICS AND TROUBLESHOOTING COMPREHENSIVE REVIEW
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting.