Who Should Attend
This course is designed for IT professionals with baseline skills in computer hardware, software support, and development who want to learn how to design, develop, implement, operate, and manage Internet of Things devices and related systems. It is for those interested in learning more about embedded systems, microcontroller programming, IoT security, and the development life cycle for IoT projects.
While students will gain hands-on experience assembling a prototype IoT device and using software development tools, these activities are closely guided, so previous experience in electronics assembly and programming are not required.
In this course, you will learn how to apply Internet of Things technologies to solve real-world problems.
- Construct and program an IoT device.
- Communicate with an IoT device using wired and wireless connections.
- Process sensor input and control an actuator on an IoT device.
- Manage security, privacy, and safety risks on IoT projects.
- Plan an IoT prototyping and development project.