Who Should Attend
This course is intended for storage administrators, cloud operators, and cloud developers who want to learn how to deploy and manage Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or demonstrate equivalent experience
Some experience with storage administration is recommended, but not required
Upon completion, students will be able to:
- Explain the architecture of a Ceph cluster
- Deploy a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster using Ansible
- Manage operations on a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster
- Provide servers with storage from the Ceph cluster using block, object, and file-based access methods
- Integrate Red Hat Ceph Storage as backend storage for Red Hat OpenStack Platform
1 - PREPARE FOR RED HAT CEPH STORAGE
- Identify challenges faced by traditional storage and explain how Ceph addresses them.
2 - DEPLOY RED HAT CEPH STORAGE
- Deploy and expand the storage capacity of a new Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster.
3 - CONFIGURE RED HAT CEPH STORAGE
- Manage how Ceph stores data with pools, configure Red Hat Ceph Storage using its configuration file, and configure users for Ceph clients that may access the Ceph storage cluster.
4 - PROVIDE BLOCK STORAGE WITH RBD
- Configure Ceph to provide block storage for clients by using RADOS block devices (RBDs).
5 - PROVIDE OBJECT STORAGE WITH RADOSGW
- Configure Ceph to provide object storage for clients by using a RADOS gateway (RADOSGW or RGW).
6 - PROVIDE FILE STORAGE WITH CEPHFS
- Configure Ceph to provide file storage for clients using the Ceph Filesystem (CephFS).
7 - CONFIGURE THE CRUSH MAP
- Adjust the CRUSH map—which controls how data is stored, replicated, and distributed across OSDs in the Ceph cluster—in order to optimize resiliency and performance.
8 - MANAGE AND UPDATE THE CLUSTER MAPS
- Explain how the monitor and OSD maps are managed in order to maintain cluster operation, quorum, and consistency.
9 - MANAGE A RED HAT CEPH STORAGE CLUSTER
- Check Ceph cluster status, troubleshoot Ceph daemon problems, and upgrade Ceph software.
10 - TUNE AND TROUBLESHOOT RED HAT CEPH STORAGE
- Identify the key performance metrics for a Ceph cluster and use them to help tune and troubleshoot the operating system and Ceph software for optimal performance.
11 - INTEGRATE RED HAT CEPH STORAGE WITH OPENSTACK
- Configure an OpenStack cloud to use Ceph to provide image, block, object, and file storage.