Who Should Attend
This course is designed for professionals in a variety of job roles who are currently using desktop or web-based data-management tools such as Microsoft Excel or SQL Server reporting server to perform numerical or general data analysis. They are responsible for conducting data analysis and providing reports about their analysis, and are looking for alternative ways to analyze business data, visualize insights, and share those insights with peers across the enterprise. This includes capturing and reporting on data to peers, executives, and clients.
- Analyze data with self-service BI.
- Connect to data sources.
- Perform advanced data modeling and shaping.
- Visualize data with Power BI.
- Enhance data analysis.
- Model data with calculations.
- Create interactive visualizations.
1 - Analyzing Data with Self-Service BI
- Data Analysis and Visualization for Business Intelligence
- Self-Service BI with Microsoft Power BI
2 - Connecting to Data
- Create Data Connections
- Model Data with Relationships
- Save Power BI Files
3 - Performing Advanced Data Modeling and Shaping
- Clean and Transform Data with the Query Editor
- Shape Data with the Query Editor
- Combine and Manage Data Rows
4 - Visualizing Data with Power BI
- Create Visualizations in Power BI
- Chart Data in Power BI
5 - Enhancing Data Analysis
- Enhance Analysis with Customized Visuals and Pages
- Enhance Analysis with Tooltips
6 - Modeling Data with Calculations
- Create Calculations with Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Create Calculated Measures and Conditional Columns
7 - Creating Interactive Visualizations
- Create and Manage Data Hierarchies
- Filter and Slice Reports
- Create Dashboards in Power BI