The Securing Cloud Deployments with Cisco Technologies (SECCLD) v1.0 course shows you how to implement Cisco® cloud security solutions to secure access to the cloud, workloads in the cloud, and software as a service (SaaS) user accounts, applications, and data. Through expert instruction and hands-on labs, you’ll learn a comprehensive set of skills and technologies including: how to use key Cisco cloud security solutions; detect suspicious traffic flows, policy violations, and compromised devices; implement security controls for cloud environments; and implement cloud security management. This course covers usage of Cisco Cloudlock, Cisco Umbrella™, Cisco Cloud Email Security, Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for Endpoints, Cisco Stealthwatch® Cloud and Enterprise, Cisco Firepower® NGFW (next-generation firewall), and more.
Contrast the various cloud service and deployment models.
Implement the Cisco Security Solution for SaaS using Cisco Cloudlock Micro Services.
Deploy cloud security solutions using Cisco AMP for Endpoints, Cisco Umbrella, and Cisco Cloud Email Security.
Define Cisco cloud security solutions for protection and visibility using Cisco virtual appliances and Cisco Stealthwatch Cloud.
Describe the network as a sensor and enforcer using Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), Cisco Stealthwatch Enterprise, and Cisco TrustSec®.
Implement Cisco Firepower NGFW Virtual (NGFWv) and Cisco Stealthwatch Cloud to provide protection and visibility in AWS environments.
Explain how to protect the cloud management infrastructure by using specific examples, defined best practices, and AWS reporting capabilities.
Who Should Attend?
This course is open to engineers, administrators, and security-minded users of public, private, and hybrid cloud infrastructures responsible for implementing security in cloud environments:
- Security architects
- Cloud architects
- Security engineers
- Cloud engineers
- System engineers
- Cisco integrators and partners
United Training is committed to working as a partner with our clients. Choose United Training and take advantage of the following benefits.
- Robust Public Enrollment Schedule. Enjoy access to hundreds of Guaranteed to Run dates across a diverse catalog of course titles.
- Private Group Training. Let our world-class instructors come to you to deliver training at your place of business or we can present to your team online using our Virtual Instructor-Led Training platform.
- Custom Training Solutions. Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
- Free Re-Takes. Most completed United Training courses carry our unbeatable Learning Guarantee. This guarantee allows students to repeat most United Training courses, if they are the same version, FREE OF CHARGE, within six months of completion of the courses. Exceptions: Cisco, Citrix, VMware, Red Hat, and courses provided by affiliated 3rd party training providers.
1 - Introducing the Cloud and Cloud Security
- Describe the Evolution of Cloud Computing
- Explain the Cloud Service Models
- Explore the Security Responsibilities Within the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Service Model
- Explore the Security Responsibilities Within the Platform as a Service (PaaS) Service Model
- Explore the Security Responsibilities Within the SaaS Service Model
- Describe Cloud Deployment Models
- Describe Cloud Security Basics
2 - Implementing the Cisco Security Solution for SaaS Access Control
- Explore Security Challenges for Customers Using SaaS
- Describe User and Entity Behavior Analytics, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), and Apps Firewall
- Describe Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB)
- Describe Cisco CloudLock as the CASB
- Describe OAuth and OAuth Attacks
3 - Deploying Cisco Cloud-Based Security Solutions for Endpoints and Content Security
- Describe Cisco Cloud Security Solutions for Endpoints
- Describe AMP for Endpoints Architecture
- Describe Cisco Umbrella
- Describe Cisco Cloud Email Security
- Design Comprehensive Endpoint Security
4 - Introducing Cisco Security Solutions for Cloud Protection and Visibility
- Describe Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Describe Cisco Secure Architectures for Enterprises (Cisco SAFE)
- Describe Cisco NGFWv/Cisco Firepower Management Center Virtual
- Describe Cisco ASAv
- Describe Cisco Services Router 1000V
- Describe Cisco Stealthwatch Cloud
- Describe Cisco Tetration Cloud Zero-Trust Model
5 - Describing the Network as the Sensor and Enforcer
- Describe Cisco Stealthwatch Enterprise
- Describe Cisco ISE Functions and Personas
- Describe Cisco TrustSec
- Describe Cisco Stealthwatch and Cisco ISE Integration
- Describe Cisco Encrypted Traffic Analytics (ETA)
6 - Implementing Cisco Security Solutions in AWS
- Explain AWS Security Offerings
- Describe AWS Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Discover Cisco Security Solutions in AWS
- Explain Cisco Stealthwatch Cloud in AWS
7 - Describing Cloud Security Management
- Describe Cloud Management and APIs
- Explain API Protection
- Illustrate an API Example: Integrate to ISE Using pxGrid
- Identify SecDevOps Best Practices
- Illustrate a Cisco Cloud Security Management Tool Example: Cisco Defense Orchestrator
- Illustrate a Cisco Cloud Security Management Tool Example: Cisco CloudCenter™
- Describe Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
- Describe AWS Reporting Tools
8 - Lab Outline
- Explore the Cisco Cloudlock Dashboard and User Security
- Explore Cisco Cloudlock Application and Data Security
- Explore Cisco AMP Endpoints
- Perform Endpoint Anaylsis Using the AMP Endpoint Console
- Examine the Umbrella Dashboard
- Examine Cisco Umbrella Investigate
- Explore Email Ransomware Protection by Cisco Cloud Email Security
- DNS Ransomware Protection by Cisco Umbrella
- Explore File Ransomware Protection by Cisco AMP for Endpoints
- Explore a Ransomware Execution Example
- Implement Cisco ASAv in ESXi
- Configure and Test Basic Cisco ASAv Network Address Translation (NAT)/Access Control List (ACL) Functions
- Explore Cisco Stealthwatch Cloud
- Explore Stealthwatch Cloud Alerts Settings, Watchlists, and Sensors
- Explore the Network as the Sensor and Enforcer
- Explore Cisco Stealthwatch Enterprise
- Deploy NGFWv and FMCv in AWS
- Troubleshoot FTD and FMC in AWS – Scenario 1
- Troubleshoot FTD and FMC in AWS – Scenario 2
- Troubleshoot FTD and FMC in AWS – Scenario 3
- Explore AWS Reporting Capabilities