In this course, you will learn about the process of planning and designing both relational and nonrelational databases. You will learn the design considerations for hosting databases on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2). You will learn about our relational database services including Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS), Amazon Aurora, and Amazon Redshift. You will also learn about our nonrelational database services including Amazon DocumentDB, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon Neptune, and Amazon QLDB. By the end of this course, you will be familiar with the planning and design requirements of all 8 of these AWS databases services, their pros and cons, and how to know which AWS databases service is right for your workloads.
Apply database concepts, database management, and data modeling techniques
Evaluate hosting databases on Amazon EC2 instances
Evaluate relational database services (Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, and Amazon Redshift) and their features
Evaluate nonrelational database services (Amazon DocumentDB, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon Neptune, and Amazon QLDB) and their features
Examine how the design criteria apply to each service
Apply management principles based on the unique features of each service
Who Should Attend?
Data platform engineers, Database administrators, Solutions architects, IT professionals
United Training is committed to working as a partner with our clients. Choose United Training and take advantage of the following benefits.
- Robust Public Enrollment Schedule. Enjoy access to hundreds of Guaranteed to Run dates across a diverse catalog of course titles.
- Private Group Training. Let our world-class instructors come to you to deliver training at your place of business or we can present to your team online using our Virtual Instructor-Led Training platform.
- Custom Training Solutions. Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
- Free Re-Takes. Most completed United Training courses carry our unbeatable Learning Guarantee. This guarantee allows students to repeat most United Training courses, if they are the same version, FREE OF CHARGE, within six months of completion of the courses. Exceptions: Cisco, Citrix, VMware, Red Hat, and courses provided by affiliated 3rd party training providers.
1 - Day 1
- Module 0: Planning and Designing Databases on AWS
- Module 1: Database Concepts and General Guidelines
- Module 2: Database Planning and Design
- Module 3: Databases on Amazon EC2
- Module 4: Purpose-Built Databases
- Module 5: Databases on Amazon RDS
- Module 6: Databases in Amazon Aurora
2 - Day 2
- Module 6: Databases in Amazon Aurora (continued)
- Module 7: Databases in Amazon DocumentDB (with MongoDB compatibility)
- Module 8: Amazon DynamoDB Tables
3 - Day 3
- Module 9: Databases in Amazon Neptune
- Module 10: Databases in Amazon Quantum Ledger Database (Amazon QLDB)
- Module 11: Databases in Amazon ElastiCache
- Module 12: Data Warehousing in Amazon Redshift
- Module 13: Course Review