This course builds on skills developed in the Data Science and Big Data Analytics course. The main focus areas cover Hadoop (including Pig, Hive, and HBase), Natural Language Processing, Social Network Analysis, Simulation, Random Forests, Multinomial Logistic Regression, and Data Visualization. Taking an ""Open"" or technology-neutral approach, this course utilizes several open-source tools to address big data challenges.
Develop and execute MapReduce functionality
Gain familiarity with NoSQL databases and Hadoop Ecosystem tools for
analyzing large-scale, unstructured data sets
Develop a working knowledge of Natural Language Processing, Social
Network Analysis, and Data Visualization concepts
Use advanced quantitative methods and apply one of them in a Hadoop
Apply advanced techniques to real-world datasets in a final lab
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for aspiring Data Scientists, data analysts that have completed the associate level Data Science and Big Data Analytics course, and computer scientists wanting to learn MapReduce and methods for analyzing unstructured data such as text.
United Training is committed to working as a partner with our clients. Choose United Training and take advantage of the following benefits.
- Robust Public Enrollment Schedule. Enjoy access to hundreds of Guaranteed to Run dates across a diverse catalog of course titles.
- Private Group Training. Let our world-class instructors come to you to deliver training at your place of business or we can present to your team online using our Virtual Instructor-Led Training platform.
- Custom Training Solutions. Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
- Free Re-Takes. Most completed United Training courses carry our unbeatable Learning Guarantee. This guarantee allows students to repeat most United Training courses, if they are the same version, FREE OF CHARGE, within six months of completion of the courses. Exceptions: Cisco, Citrix, VMware, Red Hat, and courses provided by affiliated 3rd party training providers.
1 - MapReduce and Hadoop
- The MapReduce Framework
- Hadoop Distributed File System
2 - Hadoop Ecosystem and NoSQL
- Hadoop Ecosystem
3 - Natural Language Processing
- Introduction to NLP
- POS Tagging and HMM
- Sentiment Analysis and Topic Modeling
4 - Social Network Analysis
- Communities and Small World
- Network Problems and SNA Tools
5 - Data Science Theory and Methods
6 - Data Visualization
- Perception and Visualization
- Visualization of Multivariate Data Module