Digital transformation is a priority for all businesses. Emerging technology trends such as mobile, big data analytics and social media are driving organizations to optimize and innovate business models. As businesses adopt a digital mindset they need to innovate faster or be left behind in an increasingly digital market.This course provides an overview of digital transformation, role of Cloud to help organizations address the current IT challenges to meet their overall digital transformation objectives. This cloud essentials course will help to gain the knowledge on technologies, processes, and mechanisms required to build a cloud infrastructure. This course takes an open approach, and uses the Cloud Reference Architecture to describe the concepts and technologies related to cloud computing, which is further illustrated and reinforced with DELL EMC product examples.
Describe how digital transformation drives the adoption of cloud
Explain cloud computing, its deployment and service models
Describe various aspects of cloud such as applications, services and
orchestration, modern infrastructure (physical, virtual, and software- defined infrastructure), business continuity, security, and service management
Describe IT transformation to meet the business objectives
Who Should Attend?
Experienced IT professionals, who may not have had exposure to cloud computing
IT professionals responsible for architecting and managing cloud infrastructure
Students and professionals who are looking to pursue career in cloud computing
Individuals who are seeking Associate - Cloud Infrastructure and Services Associate (DECA-CIS) certification
United Training is committed to working as a partner with our clients. Choose United Training and take advantage of the following benefits.
- Robust Public Enrollment Schedule. Enjoy access to hundreds of Guaranteed to Run dates across a diverse catalog of course titles.
- Private Group Training. Let our world-class instructors come to you to deliver training at your place of business or we can present to your team online using our Virtual Instructor-Led Training platform.
- Custom Training Solutions. Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
- Free Re-Takes. Most completed United Training courses carry our unbeatable Learning Guarantee. This guarantee allows students to repeat most United Training courses, if they are the same version, FREE OF CHARGE, within six months of completion of the courses. Exceptions: Cisco, Citrix, VMware, Red Hat, and courses provided by affiliated 3rd party training providers.
1 - Driving Digital Transformation
- Digital Transformation
- Current business challenges
- IT challenges in supporting business challenges
- Digital business drives IT Transformation
- Digital and IT Transformation adopts Cloud
2 - Cloud Reference Architecture
- Essentials of Cloud characteristics
- Cloud deployment and service models
- Key benefits of Cloud computing
- Components of the Cloud reference architecture
3 - Applications
- Evolution of application platform
- Traditional application challenges
- Need for application transformation
- Modern application characteristics
- Application modernization approach
4 - Cloud Services & Orchestration
- Cloud services and its functions
- Cloud portal
- Cloud interface standards
- Cloud service lifecycle − Service orchestration
5 - Modern Infrastructure
- Key IT infrastructure components
- Virtual Infrastructures – features and its benefits
- Software Defined Infrastructure – feature and its benefits
- Converged and Hyper Converged Infrastructure - features and its benefits
6 - Cloud Security
- Cloud security threats
- Cloud security mechanisms
- Governance, risk, and compliance
7 - Business Continuity
- Cloud service availability
- Fault tolerance mechanisms
- Data protection solutions – backup, replication and archive − Data protection as a service
8 - Cloud Service Management
- Service portfolio management processes
- Service operation management processes
9 - Transforming IT Operations
- Key elements of successful transformation: People, Process, and Technology