Who Should Attend
This course is designed for those who are familiar with the basics of Microsoft Word, specifically in terms of document creation, so it may not be suitable for absolute beginners. However, all students can benefit from learning how to keep their documents structured and organized, so this course is recommended to anyone who feels comfortable working with Word.
The goal of this course is to show you how manage and edit long documents. You will learn how to create a Table of Contents, Index, Table of Figures or Tables; how to use the outline view; and how to create a Master Document with sub-documents. By the end of the course, you will know how to manage your long documents more efficiently using these features.
1 - Lessons
- Creating a Table of Contents - Learn how to create and update a Table of Contents.
- Creating an Index - Learn how to mark index entries, use a Concordance File, and how to generate an index.
- Creating Tables of Figures or Tables of Tables - Learn how to insert a figure or table caption and then generate a Table of Figures or a Table of Tables.
- Outline View - Learn how to rearrange a document and edit text in the Outline View.
- Creating Master Documents - Learn how to create and manage a Master Document and how to insert subdocuments.