10 innovation areas that are reshaping app development
From startups to enterprises, thousands of organizations around the world are using Microsoft Power Apps to build professional, custom apps to solve their challenges.
- No matter who you are, Power Apps is disrupting business software development. Millions of new citizen developers are learning to create apps and professionals are doing more while focusing on the code that matters.
- Modern intranet: Teams + SharePoint + Power Platform
- Power Apps is built into the productivity experiences of Microsoft 365 as a deeply integrated feature of services, like SharePoint and Teams. Easily discover and start learning how to create apps.
- Uncommon power in the Common Data Service
- The Common Data Service is a platform that sits under our most sophisticated Microsoft business applications, powering billions of dollars of global business every year.
- Bring your best cloud with “no limits” extensibility
- Beyond Teams, SharePoint, and the Common Data Service, hundreds of data sources and online services are connected to Power Apps in a few clicks. Anything that isn’t already built-in can be easily connected by building custom connectors.
- Now, for everyone to use
- Power Apps used to be for internal apps to be shared with coworkers, but now it has expanded so you can share information and access data via portals and guests can have access as well.
- Platform-wide innovation from AI to RPA to Virtual Agents and beyond
- The Power Platform is built to deeply integrate across Apps, Automation, Business Intelligence, and Power Virtual Agents.
- The future is componentized
- New capabilities can be easily added to existing apps through the components. Components are like reusable building blocks that makers can use quickly to assemble and build powerful apps.
- Full-stack low code: the new quality assurance
- Power Apps is more than low-code UX—it also has high productivity data modeling, data integration, security, lifecycle management, and now professional-grade quality assurance tools.
- Think in thousand app scale
- Organizations are innovating at the scale of hundreds or even thousands of Power Apps used in production. In the process, they’re forging new partnerships between IT leaders, coders, and citizen developers.
- You are not alone
- The real power of the platform isn’t in technology at all – it’s the global community that has rallied together to forge a new way to innovate.
- More than a million monthly active members in the Power Platform communities
- Nearly 100,000 members in more than 400 local user groups
- Twitter movements #PowerAddicts and #LessCodeMorePower
- From tips and tricks to unblock citizen developers, to best practices managing Power Apps at scale, and everything in between, the collaborative energy of the Power Platform community is the driving force behind its growth.
Want to get your team up to speed on the latest developments? Get in touch to find out more about our Power Apps training solutions.