This class includes a free Microsoft exam voucher.
This course provides foundational knowledge on the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model, with a specific focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings. You will begin by learning about cloud fundamentals, including an overview of cloud computing and specifically Microsoft cloud services. You will be introduced to Microsoft Azure, and you will examine the differences between Microsoft 365 and Office 365. You will then perform an in-depth review of Microsoft 365, including a comparison of Microsoft on-premises services versus Microsoft 365 cloud services, a review of enterprise mobility in Microsoft 365, and an analysis of how Microsoft 365 services provide collaboration. The course then analyzes how security, compliance, privacy, and trust are handled in Microsoft 365, and it concludes with a review of Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
Describe cloud concepts
Describe core Microsoft 365 services and concepts
Describe security, compliance, privacy, and trust in Microsoft 365
Describe Microsoft 365 pricing and support
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for Business Decision Makers and IT Professionals who aspire to deploy cloud services in their organization, or who are simply looking to acquire foundational knowledge on cloud fundamentals. This includes the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services in general and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model specifically, with a general focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings.
United Training is committed to working as a partner with our clients. Choose United Training and take advantage of the following benefits.
- Robust Public Enrollment Schedule. Enjoy access to hundreds of Guaranteed to Run dates across a diverse catalog of course titles.
- Private Group Training. Let our world-class instructors come to you to deliver training at your place of business or we can present to your team online using our Virtual Instructor-Led Training platform.
- Custom Training Solutions. Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
- Free Re-Takes. Most completed United Training courses carry our unbeatable Learning Guarantee. This guarantee allows students to repeat most United Training courses, if they are the same version, FREE OF CHARGE, within six months of completion of the courses. Exceptions: Cisco, Citrix, VMware, Red Hat, and courses provided by affiliated 3rd party training providers.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
1 - Discuss Azure fundamental concepts
- Discuss Azure fundamental concepts
2 - Describe Microsoft 365 core services and concepts
- What is Microsoft 365?
- Describe productivity solutions in Microsoft 365
- Describe collaboration solutions in Microsoft 365
- Describe endpoint modernization, management concepts, and deployment options in Microsoft 365
- Describe analytics capabilities in Microsoft 365
3 - Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of Microsoft 365 security and compliance capabilities
- Describe security and compliance concepts
- Describe identity concepts
- Describe threat protection capabilities with Microsoft 365 Defender
- Describe the Service Trust Portal and Privacy with Microsoft
4 - Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of Microsoft 365 licensing, service and support
- Identify licensing options available in Microsoft 365
- Describe support offerings for Microsoft 365 services
- Describe the service life cycle in Microsoft 365