Who Should Attend
This course is intended for those with a basic understanding of Microsoft® Windows® and who need to learn basic Word skills, such as creating, editing, and formatting documents; inserting simple tables and creating lists; and employing a variety of techniques for improving the appearance and accuracy of document content.
To ensure your success, you should have end-user skills with any current version of Windows, including being able to start and close applications, navigate basic file structures, manage files and folders, and access websites using a web browser. To obtain this level of skills and knowledge, you can take any one or more of the following courses:
Using Microsoft® Windows® 10
Microsoft® Windows® 10: Transition from Windows® 7
In this course, you will learn fundamental Word skills.
- Navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, saving, and printing documents, and configuring the application.
- Format text and paragraphs.
- Perform repetitive operations efficiently using tools such as Find and Replace, Format Painter, and Styles.
- Enhance lists by sorting, renumbering, and customizing list styles.
- Create and format tables.
- Insert graphic objects into a document, including symbols, special characters, illustrations, pictures, and clip art.
- Format the overall appearance of a page through page borders and colors, watermarks, headers and footers, and page layout.
- Use Word features to help identify and correct problems with spelling, grammar, readability, and accessibility.