Who Should Attend
This course is intended for students who are experienced Excel users and have a desire or need to advance their skills in working with some of the more advanced Excel features. Students will likely need to troubleshoot large, complex workbooks, automate repetitive tasks, engage in collaborative partnerships involving workbook data, construct complex Excel functions, and use those functions to perform rigorous analysis of extensive, complex datasets.
To ensure success, students should have practical, real-world experience creating and analyzing datasets using Excel. Specific tasks students should be able to perform include: creating formulas and using Excel functions; creating, sorting, and filtering datasets and tables; presenting data by using basic charts; creating and working with PivotTables, slicers, and PivotCharts; and customizing the Excel environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to perform advanced data analysis, collaborate on workbooks with other users, and automate workbook functionality.
Work with multiple worksheets and workbooks.
Share and protect workbooks.
Automate workbook functionality.
Use Lookup functions and formula auditing.
Create sparklines and map data.
1 - WORKING WITH MULTIPLE WORKSHEETS AND WORKBOOKS
- Topic A: Use Links and External References
- Topic B: Use 3-D References
- Topic C: Consolidate Data
2 - SHARING AND PROTECTING WORKBOOKS
- Topic A: Collaborate on a Workbook
- Topic B: Protect Worksheets and Workbooks
3 - AUTOMATING WORKBOOK FUNCTIONALITY
- Topic A: Apply Data Validation
- Topic B: Search for Invalid Data and Formulas with Errors
- Topic C: Work with Macros
4 - USING LOOKUP FUNCTIONS AND FORMULA AUDITING
- Topic A: Use Lookup Functions
- Topic B: Trace Cells
- Topic C: Watch and Evaluate Formulas
5 - FORECASTING DATA
- Topic A: Determine Potential Outcomes Using Data Tables
- Topic B: Determine Potential Outcomes Using Scenarios
- Topic C: Use the Goal Seek Feature
- Topic D: Forecast Data Trends
6 - CREATING SPARKLINES AND MAPPING DATA
- Topic A: Create Sparklines
- Topic B: Map Data