Who Should Attend
This course is designed for Access users who have a more advanced understanding of basic database concepts and who want to improve the effectiveness of the database structure, connect to external data, and work with maintenance tools inside Access.
The goal of this course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills they need to work with maintenance tools and navigation and startup options for multiple users. In addition, students will learn about the process of normalization and how they can use the table analyzer to possibly improve the performance of their database. Students will learn how to import data into their databases and how to export data from the database to an external source.
1 - Lessons
- Normalizing Data in Access - Learn about the normal forms in an Access database.
- Creating Database Navigation - Learn how to build a Navigation form and how to use Startup Options to limit access for the end user.
- Maintaining a Database - Learn about maintenance tasks such as backing up, documenting, and compacting a database.
- Working with External Data - Learn how to import data and how to link to data from an external source.
- Exporting Data - Learn how to export data to an external source such as a PDF or Excel file and how to save the export steps.