Who Should Attend
This course is designed for students who are familiar with the basics but want to continue learning more. However, it is also perfectly suited to beginners, who will receive a more thorough introduction to the fundamentals of Excel. Even more experienced users may find review in these areas, though, so this course is recommended to anyone who wants a better understanding of how spreadsheets work.
The goal of this course is to make students more familiar and comfortable working with Excel spreadsheets--from creating them to manipulating data and using formulas. By the end of these lessons, you will have a firm understanding of the basics of Excel and will be ready to start exploring more specialized features.
1 - Lessons
- * Tour the Excel User Interface - Learn about the Excel interface, create a new workbook, and work with templates.
- * Navigating and Selecting Through Excel- Learn how to navigate by keyboard and select cells in various ways.
- * Excel Save Options - Learn how to save documents and understand different save locations.
- * Working with Data in a Worksheet - Learn the use the Undo, Redo, Cut, Copy, and Paste commands. Use the Autofill feature and Quick Analysis tools.
- * Excel Formulas - Learn about the basics of Excel functions, the Order of Operations, the Insert Function command, and commonly used functions.
- * Understanding Cell and Range References - Learn about the difference between relative, absolute, and mixed references in Excel formulas.
- * Managing Worksheets - Learn how to insert and delete rows and columns, reposition worksheets, and Freeze Panes.
- * Finalizing a Workbook - Learn how to use the page layout view, add headers and footers, modify print and print preview options, and export to PDF or XPS.